- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg (forgot to put it in the picture)
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves ( I ran out, but it tasted great without it!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil (I used coconut oil, melted)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not in the picture because I had some leftover from my last batch)
- ½ cup chopped tree nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (from the flour down to the salt).
- Make a well (hole) in the center and throw in the eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla. Stir together thoroughly with a fork, but do not overmix.
- Fold in the pumpkin puree and nuts (if using).
- Generously grease a large loaf pan or put muffin liners in a muffin pan and then pour in the batter.
- For a loaf bake for approximately 30 – 40 minutes and for muffins bake for approximately 18 - 22 minutes. Check for doneness by making sure a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
original recipe can be found here: